Photo from Poinsettia Pictures
Contrary to popular belief poinsettias ARE NOT considered dangerous. In the 1970s, scientists determined that concerns over the plant were unfounded.
The berries of these pretty plants, more often found outside than in, can be toxic if ingested. Eating 20 berries can be fatal to a child.
Photo from the US Forest Service
This romantic plant has a dark side. The entire plant is poisonous if eaten. Kind of gives a whole new meaning to 'Love Bites'.
Photo from Brandeis UniversityFound on the prairie (and currently in my living room) bittersweet's dainty orange berries are a designer's dream. Be cautious, however, as these bountiful berries can cause a reduced heart rate, sedation and headaches.
Looking for a non-poisonous alternative?
Christmas Cactus is completely harmless.
Photo from Texas A&M.