Friday, September 11, 2009

Flower Market and Organic Farmer's Market in Leawood

Photo courtesy of Ian Britton.

A new mixed use development in Leawood, features a Flower Market on Thursdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. In addition to the flower market, the event includes story time and gardening classes for little ones.

Because the flower market is outdoors, September 24 will be the last date in 2009. If you make it out in the next two weeks, let me know. I am anxious to visit, but I'm not sure if I will make it this year with my work schedule.

If you enjoy farmer's markets, you should check out Park Place on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. They have a KC Organics Farmer's market featuring organic vegetables, baked goods, bread, honey, fair trade coffee, etc. This event just started August 5 and will run through October 14. I will sneak down there for a preview and let you know what I find.

Visit www.kcorganics.com for more information about the organization.

P.S. Be sure to visit the Paciugo Gelato when you are finished browsing. I was there last weekend and it was delicious!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share