Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Harvest

A red pepper in the vegetable garden.

We recently picked all of the onions out of the garden. None of them are very big. I think it is because we are picking them too early. Do any of you have any thoughts???

We also had a few red peppers ready and a yellow one that is thisclose to being ready. We've had a lot of fun with the garden this year.

I have also been experimenting with different recipes to use up all the yellow squash that my husband loves. One of the best was called "Yellow Squash Ribbons with Red Onion." I used a vegetable peeler to make the squash "ribbons" stopping when I got to the seeds/core. Then, I sliced red onion very thin. Next, I sauteed the onions and squash in olive oil with a little bit of garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Once the squash and onions were tender, I topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Delicious! (And I don't particularly care for squash.)

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share