Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grandma's Garden

When I was home last weekend, I snapped a few photos of my grandma's garden. I love her approach to gardening--it is very wild and natural. She doesn't worry overmuch about weeds. She just has fun with it.

These pictures are from her garden in AUGUST. Imagine what it looks like in the spring!

Grandma uses a lot of containers in her garden. Most of the flowers pictured above are actually planted in pots that are situated close together. Grandma uses a lot of geraniums and petunias in her garden.

I love this combination of geraniums and greenery.

Grandma plants flowers inside her fenced in garden, and also along the outside of the fence. This is one of the "outsiders." It reminds me of poppy mallow, but is much taller. Also, the petals on the bloom don't appear as cupped as the poppy mallow I am familiar with--I will have to ask Grandma to discover its name!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cosmo

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share