Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back from the Dead

I *think* this variety is called Burgundy Cotton. Tom has a thing for red/purple foliage.

The Crape Myrtles my husband planted last year have made a comeback recently. What's better--they are now peppered with delicate pink blossoms!

In Kansas City, we really are pushing it when it comes to Crape Myrtles (our winters are pretty harsh for this plant). That's why I can't say that I was surprised this spring when ours didn't look like they were going to make it.

I can tell you though, I am glad they did. They look great mixed in with our knock-out roses (which have also had a surge in growth lately).

I think this fall we should mulch heavily around each plant to see if we can't get them to fare better.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share