Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sycamore

This is Tom, getting ready to push the offending limb out of the tree.

This should give you a good idea of the size of limbs we are talking about.
He has the base of it in his hand.

The Sycamore tree in our front yard has been giving my husband fits this year. He has had to remove several broken limbs, and each storm seems to knock a few out as well.

We are both hoping this is just a stage. The tree is getting older, and I am crossing my fingers that this is not the beginning of the end. I think at a certain point, trees have given all they've got and they enter the last phase of their lives--the one where they shed branches like crazy and are generally a menace.

I think the Sycamore should be able to give us several more years of enjoyment.

Have you ever had to remove a tree because it had reached the end of its road? When did you make the decision to cut it down?

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share