Monday, March 9, 2009

Flowers on Maples

Have you ever noticed flowers on trees? I’m not talking about the trees with showy flowers like magnolias, crabapples or pears. I’m talking about shade trees like maples or ash. Growing up I never really noticed the flowers on shade trees, but I do now. Every spring I look for them. Maples are one of the first trees to flower, letting me know that spring is on its way.

The weather over the weekend was beautiful. While I was enjoying a walk, I noticed the maples were flowering. I brought some branches home so I could snap a picture to share. The top picture is a red maple with flowers in full bloom. The bottom picture is a red maple with the flower buds swelling, right before they open. I love spring!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share