Friday, March 6, 2009

Random Friday

It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in the Midwest. Has spring finally sprung? My local extension agent cautioned gardeners not to get too excited, yet, as there is still a chance of a hard freeze.

Luckily, this is the prime time for me to plant my sweet peas, so in my world, spring has arrived.

I noticed the other day that my tiny witch hazel had bloomed--and I think I missed it. The blooms now are a little shriveled and down-facing, but maybe that is what the blooms look like on tiny witch hazels. (The other witch hazel didn't survive its first season--it was brought low by the post man.)

The tulips in the backyard still have not been brave enough to peak through. What are they waiting on?!?! Maybe they are afraid of a late, hard freeze, too!

Yesterday I went on a walk and passed one of my favorite landscapes in the neighborhood. Mostly because he has dwarf dawn redwoods, three of them planted in a kind of cluster. Oh, how I want you in my yard, redwoods.

That's all for now--have a great weekend!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share