Saturday, June 27, 2009

Coral Bells


Another plant I love in my landscape are the coral bells (Heuchera). Right now I have 4, planted at each corner of the sycamore tree, between the planters. I chose plants with a deep read foliage. They bloom pink in the late spring.

It is funny to think that we bought these plants when they were in 5 inch pots, so they were very small. It has taken 3 years or so for them to start to hold their own, and they are still on the little side. I am thinking of adding a few more to fill out the space, but am definitely going to spend the extra money to start out with bigger plants.

These plants are extra special, because they are the first plants I saw in my grandma's garden and decided to plant in my own yard.

*The picture above is also an idea of what mulch looks like after it is top dressed with a finer, nicer mulch than the coarse variety we use in the back yard.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share