Friday, June 19, 2009

Hosta in Bloom

I really liked this picture that I took of my hosta in bloom, so I thought I would share it. We have a variety of hosta in our back landscape area. My favorite is one that is variegated (green leaves with white edges). I believe it is 'Patriot', but I am not sure. I think the dark green with white contrast looks really nice because it is below our large pin oak. The white really stands out because the area is quite shady. (Maybe why I like this hosta in bloom so much.)

Growing up, hosta seemed to be the standard plant for shady areas. There are many, many different hosta out there. Consider checking out some of the newer varieties if you would like to add to your shade garden.

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share