Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Peony Blooms

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of my peonies that were blooming a little over a week ago. (Most of the blooms are spent now and need to be deadheaded.)

I have five peony plants: three that flower light pink, one that flowers white and one that flowers a very dark, deep pink. I love peony flowers. Two of my plants have been in my family for years. When I moved to this area, I brought them with me from my grandma's garden where I planted them as a little girl. The other three I inherited from the person who lived in my home before me.

Last week, Tara wrote about using flowers as centerpieces. I think this old-fashioned flower would be a great choice as well. Consider using a fully-opened single bloom, or make a bouquet using flowers that are open in different stages or different colors.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share