Friday, April 3, 2009

Are Dandelions a Sign of Spring?


I don't know if I would consider dandelions my favorite sign of spring, but once these little yellow guys poke out their heads, I start feel like baseball games and picnics are just around the corner.

I spied some this week for the first time, so of course, I took a picture. Most of the plants I saw were in bare areas and along the sidewalk. To me, this is further evidence that well-maintained lawns are the best defense against weeds.

If you have some little guys in your landscape, wait until temperatures are above 40 degrees to spray them. Products available to homeowners aren't effective below this threshold.

P.S. Don't tell my niece dandelions are weeds. She LOVES them and thinks they are SO PRETTY.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share