Thursday, May 28, 2009

Clematis

My husband bought this clematis last year. It did pretty well last summer, but this year it has really taken off.

Pruning clematis can be tricky, but this article from Clematis Nursery is thorough and easy to follow.

The best part of our clematis, is that it is one of our "cheap" plants. We buy just as many flowers at the local hardware store as we do at more specialized nurseries, and the clematis was one such purchase. (My grandma can't BELIEVE we do this--she is a very gifted gardener with extensive flower beds.)

You'll notice the clematis is actually climbing a telephone pole. I am not sure what a landscape designer would think about that. I consider my current landscape a field trial of sorts. I plant things I think I may like and experiment with pairings, placement, etc. Someday, I will have a well-thought out landscape. For now, I am just enjoying playing in the dirt and trying things out.


No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share