Monday, May 18, 2009

Gerbera Daisy

Last week was Mother's Day. Since I didn't post last week, I wanted to share this picture with you. My kids made a beautiful pot for me with the help of a very dear friend of the family. I put my favorite flower, gerbera daisy, in it and snapped this picture.

I love gerberas because they are so bright an cheerful. Since I wanted to write about them today, I did a little research. I know I like them, but I never realized so many other people do as well. They are the 5th most popular cut flower in the world! Thousands of cultivars exist in a variety of shapes and sizes. I picked mine up from Family Tree Nursery in Shawnee, KS. If you are interested in trying this fun flower, check out your local garden center!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share