Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pink Primrose

My husband doesn't like to give up on any plants or throw them away. He removed some pink primrose from someone's yard last year and brought them home. We planted them in our front landscape bed in a place without any other plants (at the time anyways). I think they are very beautiful when they are flowering. They started to flower late last week, so I snapped this picture. Many more flowers have opened since!

If you have an open area that needs some color in the early summer, consider this perennial wildflower. We have since expanded the landscape bed and I think I will need to remove some of these plants because it is spreading into areas where I don't want it to go - like too close to my roses! (I am not sure if it is from the seeds that it produces, or just the plant itself spreading underground.) Either way it is a nice splash of color by the front door area. I definitely would recommend it if you have the appropriate location in full sun for it.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share