Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bagworms are Growing

If you follow this blog at all, you will remember I've written about bagworms before. (Read my post from when they first hatched here.)
I was walking by a cedar a few weeks ago where I had seen the bags hanging from last year's infestation of bagworms, so I stopped for a closer look. Sure enough, I saw little bagworms all over it. I took a piece of the plant home with me so I could take a picture (above).

I've never actually seen the actual bagworm insect, so I gently squeezed on one of the bags. If you look closely at the bagworm inside the red circle above, you can see the insect sticking out of it. I'm totally fascinated. I'll keep monitoring the tree and the bags as they grow. If I get another picture as the insects mature, I'll share it!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share