Thursday, July 16, 2009

Black-eyed Susans

For those of you who are faithful followers of this blog, you have probably figured out that I have gotten the majority of the plants in my yard from other people who are cleaning out their gardens. The same is true for my rudbeckia. I am not sure what cultivar they are. I can tell you that the neighborhood rabbit likes them in the early spring. They have finally started to bloom, so I snapped this picture to share with you. They should bloom for the rest of the summer.

I think the yellow flower color is a nice addition to my back landscape bed. These are planted on the edge of the bed below my redbud tree (out of direct sum, but still in a bright location). The only maintenance that I do to them during the year is to remove the spent blooms. Once we reach fall, I'll leave them in tacts to provide winter interest and food for the finches that visit.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark or Share